2 slices of bread / 2 hours
- Robbin B. added Seabelt Bread And Celeriac Dip to Just yummy 23 Apr 01:57
- Robbin B. commented on Seabelt Bread And Celeriac Dip 23 Apr 01:56
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Seabelt Bread And Celeriac Dip 25 Feb 15:23
- Kimya J. favorited Seabelt Bread And Celeriac Dip 04 Nov 02:42
- Grub Street Publishing published her project Seabelt Bread And Celeriac Dip 11 Oct 09:00
Mix yeast and sugar with hand-hot water. Leave on one side for 10 minutes in a warm place. Toast the cumin seeds in a frying pan and then grind them in a mortar. Mix barley flour, spelt flour, salt and the yeast mixture to a soft dough in a medium-sized bowl. Add the cumin and the seabelt flakes. Knead the dough thoroughly. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and shape into bread. Leave to rest in a warm place for approx. one hour. Using a sharp knife quickly score the surface of the loaves. Slash each at a 45-degree angle 4 to 5 times along the loaf ’s axis.
Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Cook the breads in the oven for 30 minutes. During the cooking sprinkle the loaves several times with a little cold water to get a crisp crust.
Serve the bread with celeriac dip.