Make a necklace out of a sea urchin
This tutorial show you how to turn a sea urchin found at the beach into a funky necklace with a few easy to find supplies.
- lefty4ever added Sea Urchin Necklace to pendents 31 Aug 12:12
- lefty4ever added Sea Urchin Necklace to Sea jewelry 31 Aug 12:12
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Sea Urchin Necklace 18 Jul 02:10
- Alex Z. added Sea Urchin Necklace to Интересное 17 Jan 22:16
- Alissa B. favorited Sea Urchin Necklace 12 Nov 20:58
- Adrienne the Crafty Little Gnome published her project Sea Urchin Necklace 09 Nov 09:00
Start by spraying the urchin with the sealer. This helps to make the shell stronger. The urchins are delicate and will break easily if you don’t handle them with care.
Once the urchin is dry, take a small amount of air dry clay and press it into the inside of the urchin. Add more clay until the urchin is full. Pack it in tight.
Flip the urchin back over and press a pearl or bead into the opening on top of the urchin. This is just so that the clay takes the shape of the bead so that you can glue it in permanently after it dries. Depending on what type of bead you want to decorate the urchin with you can insert a head pin into the bead, trim it down and then press it into the top of the urchin. You should remove the bead and pin and then after the clay dries you can apply some super glue and insert it back into the hole.