A cute little dude to keep you company while you clean the bathroom!
While inspired by the Mr. Clean Scrubbing Bubble, this little guy will not clean your bathroom for you, or even assist you for that matter. But he's cute, so I'll keep him. You can have your very own useless scrubbing bubble too!
- dee M. favorited Scrubbing Bubble 30 Mar 03:30
- Jan A. favorited Scrubbing Bubble 29 Mar 23:36
- Trudy K. favorited Scrubbing Bubble 29 Mar 16:08
- Debra R. added Scrubbing Bubble to Crochet 29 Mar 12:08
- Debra R. favorited Scrubbing Bubble 29 Mar 12:07
- Shelly M. favorited Scrubbing Bubble 29 Mar 03:39
- angel.zoey favorited Scrubbing Bubble 15 May 21:06
- Miss Captain Cosplay favorited Scrubbing Bubble 22 Apr 09:04
- Mistress Nora of Madness favorited Scrubbing Bubble 06 Mar 00:36
- 02jhseaby added Scrubbing Bubble to Try 07 Jun 22:27
1. SC 6 in magic ring
2. 2SC in each SC (12)
3. SC 1, inc, around (18)
4. SC 2, inc, around (24)
5. SC 3, inc, around (30)
6. SC 4, inc, around (36)
7-11. SC around (36)
12. In FLO, SC 1, inc, around (54)
13-14. SC around (54)
15. In BLO, SC 1, dec, around (36)
16. SC around
17. In previous row AND in back loops left from Row 12, SC around, joining the two rows together.
In BLO for the following rounds:
18. SC 1, dec, around. (24)
19. SC 2, dec, around. (18)
20. SC 1, dec, around. (12)
21. Dec around (6)
Fasten off, and weave in ends. This forms a spiral of front loops, which are used to attach the bristles.
In yellow for the bristles:
1. Attach yellow/orange yarn to the first front loop in the CENTRE of spiral on the the bottom of the bubble. *Chain 6, then sl st in second chain from the hook, and in the next 4 chains. Sl st in next 2 front loops.* Repeat from * in the spiral until you reach the last (outside) row.
2. In the first front loop of the last (outside) row: *Chain 6. Sl st in second chain from hook, and in next 4 chains, sl st in next front loop. Repeat from * around until you reach the last front loop. Then fasten off, and weave in ends. This last row omits the space in between the bristles, which makes the scrubber part of the bubble look fuller.
Using the picture as a guide, cut small pieces of felt for the eyebrows and eyes. I found it easier to paint the white fleck in the eye, rather than use felt, but it’s up to you. Use the tacky glue to fasten the eyes and eybrows to the bubble. Embroider the mouth using black yarn.
Now you have your own scrubbing bubble! Unfortuneately, as it is only a “look-alike” of the actual Mr. Clean Scrubbing Bubble, it will not clean your bathroom for you.