Level 75 Best Friend
these little fellows are samples of the Scrapkins dolls i infrequently and randomly make.
i think i've done four or five so far. they usually wind up finding homes with my friends or friend's kids. it's hard to tell who enjoys them more.
they are usually named for the kind of material, or a prominent quality of said material, from which they spawn.
the one with the 70's color palate is Curtkins (top photo), as he was made of curtains. he found a home with my friend Mac.
the black one is Lintkins (second photo down), made of black felt, and prone to collecting lint. she was adopted by my buddy Aeo's daugter (who, i've been told, freaks out when she doesn't have it. fwahahaaa)
the blue one, the original prototype and common ancestor of all of Scrapkin-kind, is Scraps (third photo down: one minute old :3). about four years ago i took him with me on a plane ride (bottom picture: buckled in for safety)up to MD to visit my future wife. we went out for coffee the day after my arrival and met a wandering and lonesome homeless man, who, after to promising to take good care of him and go on many adventures, became Scrap's new traveling companion.
fun fact: during the first attempt to make Scraps, my wife's hand held sewing machine took off in a wild frenzy across the fabric and scared the hell out of me so all of the stitching is done by hand.
- Leonard Sims favorited Scrapkins 01 May 04:30
- Rachael B. added Scrapkins to Sewing 22 Mar 22:08
- mariella.byh.or.die favorited Scrapkins 30 Jan 22:42
- Loelle favorited Scrapkins 28 Nov 19:35
- KhaleesiHerpDerp favorited Scrapkins 19 Oct 02:40
- ck favorited Scrapkins 16 Jun 04:22
- Gabbo favorited Scrapkins 15 Jun 09:08
- Millie H. added Scrapkins to Make and sell 18 Mar 21:53
- Millie H. added Scrapkins to cool ideas 18 Mar 21:53
- Ashley S. favorited Scrapkins 05 Feb 06:05
misterjosh posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!