How to make tablet
- VillainousNinja added Scottish Tablet to Food 09 Jun 19:37
- Brenda D. favorited Scottish Tablet 27 Mar 02:54
- Mistress Nora of Madness favorited Scottish Tablet 12 Mar 12:36
- Crafterella featured Scottish Tablet 10 Mar 23:00
- Alison K. favorited Scottish Tablet 09 Mar 23:29
- Kimya J. favorited Scottish Tablet 08 Mar 23:01
- Pam favorited Scottish Tablet 05 Mar 07:19
- jackie c. published her project Scottish Tablet 05 Mar 07:19
In a fairly large pan, heat the water, melt the butter into the hot water. Before the water reaches the boil add the sugar and dissolve thoroughly. Stir often.
Bring the water to the boil then allow to simmer. When simmering add the sweetened condensed milk, the mixture will be a very light creamy colour.
Stirring very often allow the mixture to thicken until it is a deep caramel colour the consistency of the mixture will change quickly after around 20 minutes,
To test the mixture, drop a little onto a cold side plated it should not run and should be think and sticky after 30 seconds
Remove from the heat and beat the mixture for a good 10 minutes then pour into a baking tray. Allow to cool for 30 minutes then slice and enjoy.
If the mixture does not set, you can bring it back to a simmer for another 5 minutes or until sets