the costume I put together for our trip to the NH ren faire
Blouse and bodice - used a Simplicity pattern. The blouse was made from an old curtain. The bodice was a pain to make. I have issues following patterns exactly, but since I had never made something like this before, I was being very good and following right along with the directions. But it's still a little rough around the edges (figuratively and literally). I think the directions weren't the best - they were kind of confusing. I think I'll go back later and add more grommets in the front, too, so as to get a closer fit.
Black skirt - I'd made it a while ago for another costume; the pattern was by Folkwear and was a recreation of a pattern from the turn of the century.
Tartan - just a big piece of plaid wool that I found in my grandma's stash =) the original plan had been to make a green overskirt (also out of the curtain material) but I ran out of time. The tartan looked pretty good, though.
Kyrna posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!