SCD Iced Pumpkin Bread
This bread is incredibly moist, full of pumpkin and spice–coupled with the sweetness + tanginess from the farmer “cream cheese” frosting. It really is impossible to detect that it’s grain-free. And this recipe works beautifully for muffins/cupcakes as well! Grain-Free, Gluten-Free + safe for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD).
- Angel C. favorited Scd Iced Pumpkin Bread 02 Apr 16:33
- Elena B. added Scd Iced Pumpkin Bread to recipe desserts 31 Jan 22:58
- Elena B. favorited Scd Iced Pumpkin Bread 31 Jan 22:58
- taylor t. favorited Scd Iced Pumpkin Bread 18 Jan 08:46
- charlie a. favorited Scd Iced Pumpkin Bread 17 Jan 08:51
- Crafterella featured Scd Iced Pumpkin Bread 16 Jan 23:00
- Kimya J. favorited Scd Iced Pumpkin Bread 15 Jan 21:31
- Lila Ruth Grain Free published their project Scd Iced Pumpkin Bread 13 Jan 09:00
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, spices and baking soda. Add raisins + walnuts, whisk again. Then add your eggs, pumpkin, honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, almond milk + vanilla extract. Combine until smooth. (Hand mixer on medium speed works well, you can also do it by hand).
Pour batter into a parchment paper lined loaf pan or lined muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. Cover fully with aluminum foil at 25 minutes to prevent over-browning, this will also help steam the bread. Bread will be a little tender, but mostly firm. (Muffins take just about 30-35 minutes).
Remove from oven and let cool COMPLETELY before removing from pan. This part is important as it will be firm for cutting only when cooled. (But you can sneak a pinch if you must )
FOR THE ICING:
In a food processor (or blender), cream together your soft butter and Farmer Cheese. Add in honey + vanilla extract and blend again. Place frosting in freezer for 10 minutes to firm up. (The butter will cool, which thickens the frosting).
Remove your frosting from the freezer and blend again in food processor until smooth. Spread over cooled pumpkin bread or muffins and enjoy! Store leftovers in air tight container and refrigerate.