The Four & Twenty Blackbirds Pie Book
Makes one 9-inch pie; serves 8-10
In anticipation of making the pie, please make the crust first, crimp and freeze so that the crust is fully ready to be used according to the first step of the recipe.
All-Butter Crust for a 9-inch double-crust pie:
- Lotusburger favorited Salted Honey Pie 04 Nov 09:47
- heather r. added Salted Honey Pie to Food Items to make 15 Oct 19:44
- Lishieesaur favorited Salted Honey Pie 27 Sep 17:44
- Jackie G. added Salted Honey Pie to Pie 15 Sep 14:11
- Siana favorited Salted Honey Pie 09 Sep 13:48
- Emma H. favorited Salted Honey Pie 06 Sep 11:10
- ale_corason favorited Salted Honey Pie 03 Sep 05:26
- Grand Central Publishing published her project Salted Honey Pie 31 Jul 08:43
You Will Need
Have ready and frozen one pastry-lined 9-inch pie pan, crimped.
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, sugar, cornmeal, salt, and vanilla paste.
Stir in the honey and the eggs one at a time, followed by the heavy cream and vinegar.
Place the frozen pie shell on a rimmed baking sheet and strain the filling through a fine-mesh sieve directly into the pie shell, or strain it into a separate bowl and then pour it into the shell. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, rotating 180 degrees when the edges start to set, 30 to 35 minutes through baking.
The pie is finished when the edges are set and puffed up high and the center is no longer liquid but looks set like gelatin and is golden brown on top.
Allow to cool completely on a wire rack, 2 to 3 hours.
Sprinkle with flake sea salt.
Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
The pie will keep refrigerated for 4 days or at room temperature for 2 days.