Party-Perfect Bites feature
For me, brownies must be ever so slightly undercooked and fudgy. I take inspiration from Emma’s blog ‘Poires au Chocolat’ and sprinkle the swirls of caramel with cocoa nibs for a bitter crunch.
© 2020 Milli Taylor / Ryland Peters & Small · Reproduced with permission. · Party-Perfect Bites by Milli Taylor, photography by Helen Cathcart, published by Ryland Peters & Small rrp: £16.99
- ruel c. commented on Salted Caramel Brownies 05 Oct 07:38
- rosa r. favorited Salted Caramel Brownies 14 Sep 22:23
- Tricia W. favorited Salted Caramel Brownies 26 Aug 15:15
- Brianna R. added Salted Caramel Brownies to Cooking 24 Apr 13:59
- Chudames favorited Salted Caramel Brownies 06 Apr 21:53
- Kristi P. added Salted Caramel Brownies to Mindy Kaling 20 Feb 19:38
- Maria favorited Salted Caramel Brownies 01 Feb 12:00
- hazel.tourabaly favorited Salted Caramel Brownies 22 Jan 13:54
- Leigh C. favorited Salted Caramel Brownies 21 Jan 20:19
- Sarah W. favorited Salted Caramel Brownies 21 Jan 00:16
You Will Need
For the salted caramel, put the sugar and syrup in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Swirl the pan but do not stir. When the sugar is a copper colour, take off the heat and slowly whisk in the cream. Add the butter and salt, and gently whisk. Set aside.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, taking care that the water is not in contact with the bowl. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the eggs, along with the sugars, salt and vanilla. Fold in the flour.
Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Drizzle the caramel onto the surface and use a skewer to swirl it around. Sprinkle over the nibs, if using, and bake for about 20-25 minutes. It should still have a slight wobble in the centre. Cut into squares.