Get ready for summer with this cute sailboat design!
This design was inspired by a set of nails featured in Vivi June 2012 (Japanese nail art magazine). I tweaked the design a little to fit my taste. Just follow the steps below to try out these nails for yourself!
Feel free to click on the pics to make them bigger. You can also find the complete list of polishes I used on my blog Liquid Jelly.
- Zoi MisKina added Sailboat Nails to Nails 14 Jan 10:55
- Rachael H. added Sailboat Nails to Ideas and Techniques 21 Dec 22:21
- JESSICA WABBIT favorited Sailboat Nails 30 Jun 00:25
- maria p. favorited Sailboat Nails 17 Jun 20:23
- meg.matthews.77 favorited Sailboat Nails 16 Jun 21:02
- Zoi MisKina favorited Sailboat Nails 09 Jun 07:39
- Oriana F. added Sailboat Nails to beauty 08 Jun 15:58
- Oriana F. favorited Sailboat Nails 08 Jun 15:58
- Jessica A. favorited Sailboat Nails 04 Jun 20:55
- Hester A. favorited Sailboat Nails 04 Jun 14:50
Now that your heart nails are done, time for the sailboat thumb. Follow steps 1 and 2 as shown above. Before attempting to draw the sailboats onto your nail, I suggest practicing a few times on paper with your brush and polish until you get it right.
Once you're comfortable with drawing the sailboats on paper, go ahead and draw it on your thumb. With a dotting tool, add dots between the sailboats for the mini suns.