When looking for a Sackboy pattern I came across a pattern done by DuckTapeGuru and I adapted it to make a Sackbaby. Instead of using the head I used the body twice and cut the Arms in half.
It takes about 2:30 hrs to make the body but putting the Hair takes a lot longer.
- Sveta favorited Sackbaby 04 Dec 17:49
- Neko-San K. favorited Sackbaby 31 May 21:11
- Amanda H. favorited Sackbaby 30 Mar 02:12
- Carla B. favorited Sackbaby 01 Jul 09:35
- Maemi.Gojo added Sackbaby to Plushies 02 Jun 10:22
- Maemi.Gojo added Sackbaby to Kid Stuff 02 Jun 06:56
- elarablair favorited Sackbaby 23 Feb 18:41
- Joy A. added Sackbaby to Toys 17 Feb 22:19
- kristy c. favorited Sackbaby 09 Feb 22:50
- Liesbeth D. favorited Sackbaby 29 Aug 15:55
click on picture then right click and save, print A4
Cut out pattern, the outside line is for machine sewing, the inside is for hand sewing.
My Sackbaby is sewn by hand because I like the stiched seam look when it is turned inside out.
The Body and head pattern is the same make sure that you get them the right way round.
Head / Body
Mark the top of each Body piece so they aren't stitched in upside down.
Place two together and starting at the bottom stitch to the top. don't worry if they dont match fully at the top or are a bit messy this will be covered by the head.
On the last body side stitch to 2cm from the top and knot off then turn the body the right way and stuff and close up.
I stuffed mine firm but you can do it anyway you want. You can also add beads to give some weight.
Do the same for the Head but stitch from the top to the bottom.
Stitch bottom of the head to the top of the body.
Now it is time for the Hair this is easy but takes time.
I cut the wool into 30 cm lengths.
using a wool needle.
Start in the middle above the eyes where you want the fringe. It is easier if you mark a line around down the side of the head across the back and back up again.
Thread one strand of wool. Stitch it through then take the needle off. Make sure that the wool is even lengths and double knot it. Now move a little further and do the next one