Wear It: Layer underneath a white silk shirt or wear this dress on it’s own for a party staple.
I have always really enjoyed rummaging in my local store to see if they have any inexpensive materials I can use for my next project. Luckily enough, I am usually pleasantly surprised. One of my most treasured finds was cheap stretchy rugs. These rugs are made from recycled jersey t-shirt offcuts and make the perfect fabric for a chic and stylish bodycon dress, and their mix of colours ensure that the dress reflects a stylish global traveller look.
“Bodycon”, or body-conscious styles, were hugely popular in the early 1990s and have continued to be a trend that fashionistas all over the world embrace. When made out of the right type of thick stretchy material, these dresses flatter the figure and can be worn underneath other layers.
Tip: For this project you can use any type of flared or ruffle hem skirt; just make sure the ruffled section has enough volume to create a noticeable peplum look.
Tip: Look in your local pound (dollar) stores for these types of stretchy rugs. Chinese-owned stores may be more likely to stock these rugs.
- bloomoire favorited Rug Bodycon Dress 02 May 04:19
- Pimke added Rug Bodycon Dress to Upcycling 14 Mar 11:36
- Maxine M. added Rug Bodycon Dress to To-make list 10 Apr 00:52
- Anna B. added Rug Bodycon Dress to Dress's and Skirts 29 Mar 00:12
- Anna B. favorited Rug Bodycon Dress 29 Mar 00:12
- Mary J. favorited Rug Bodycon Dress 23 Mar 20:55
- LaAlex added Rug Bodycon Dress to Clothing 07 Mar 23:08
- LaAlex favorited Rug Bodycon Dress 07 Mar 23:08
- Evelyn C. favorited Rug Bodycon Dress 16 Feb 04:05
- ThatArtStudent favorited Rug Bodycon Dress 28 Jan 13:54