Fun ruffle leg shorts for a cool summer
These shorts are part of my "You are are my sunshine" outfit (find it here: http://sewtlc.blogspot.co.il/2013/02/you-are-my-sunshine-summer-outfit.html). They are great for summer, nice and cool, and the ruffle makes them nice and girly.
- Kellyton K. favorited Ruffle Leg Shorts 18 Mar 15:37
- Rhonda G. favorited Ruffle Leg Shorts 12 Sep 05:27
- Jasmin F. favorited Ruffle Leg Shorts 29 Jul 18:39
- Leia B. favorited Ruffle Leg Shorts 20 Mar 01:21
- Alyssana S. favorited Ruffle Leg Shorts 14 Aug 23:27
- Barjaa B. added Ruffle Leg Shorts to DIYS 28 Jun 17:47
- Shirley T. favorited Ruffle Leg Shorts 16 Aug 12:01
- Kate P. added Ruffle Leg Shorts to doll 24 Jan 15:03
- jesstiel favorited Ruffle Leg Shorts 02 Jan 00:43
- Melissa G. favorited Ruffle Leg Shorts 23 Dec 05:21
You are welcome to download my pattern. It is size 3-4T. If not you can use any shorts pattern, and add the ruffles on the bottom, instead of hemming. For my pattern add 1/2 an inch seam allowance!
What you will need
1/2 yard of knit fabric
Cut out two front pieces, two back pieces, two of each pocket pieces, two very long strips (as long as your fabric) 2" wide
Cut a strip 24" by 3" for the waist band
First we are going to make the pockets on the front pieces. Pin your rounded pocket piece to your front piece at the rounded part, right sides together and stitch along the rounded part.
Pin the front piece to the back piece and sew the side seams. Make sure that the pockets are lying flat.
Sew the inseams.
Turn one piece right side out and insert it into the piece that has the wrong side out. Match up the center seam and sew together.
Take your two long strips and fold them in half on the long side. Press. Ruffle your strips.