A gypsy punk version of my bustled camisole top
some time ago, all stores were full of clothes made of this ruffle tubular knit. i got a coupon for a bargain of this funny fabric when the fabric stores started selling these.
i wanted to have a top in my little gypsy punk revolte "collection" and as i used the fabric in other projects for this it was obvious using it again.
the top itself is a fitted tube top without straps. i added accents at the top front and the sides made of the ruffle knit. the pattern is similar to my camisole top.
also, i made small sleeves/straps made of tea dyed batiste and lace which are frayed.
you can find a sketch in file attachments.
- Missing file
- Roughwaters44 favorited Ruffle Accent Top 08 Jul 03:33
- JaydeyLikesMac&Cheese favorited Ruffle Accent Top 04 Jun 16:50
- Debi added Ruffle Accent Top to Dress Ideas 30 Oct 04:42
- Shantelle t. added Ruffle Accent Top to how to clothing 23 Oct 18:12
- Shantelle t. added Ruffle Accent Top to something i'd like to try 02 Oct 03:28
- Lee S. favorited Ruffle Accent Top 11 Sep 04:36
- Anna J. favorited Ruffle Accent Top 27 Nov 18:04
- Diamond Sight Creations added Ruffle Accent Top to Make List 15 Sep 14:03
- Allie H. favorited Ruffle Accent Top 01 Aug 02:23
- angel.hackney1978 favorited Ruffle Accent Top 15 Jul 15:05
start with a top that fits you and your design. lay it on some paper and trace around the outlines.
decide how wide you want the ruffle accent at the front, draw in that measurement from the top of the front part and cut it off.
also, draw in the side panels. cut them out and glue them together at the side seam so you have one piece. (similar to my bustled camisole top)
*2 upper front parts, one jersey and one ruffle knit
*2 side panels out of the ruffle knit
*1 lower front part on fold out of jersey
*1 back part on fold out of jersey
get your sleeves off your top and baste them right sides facing to the ruffle front part.
hem the front and back parts and finish the upper edge of the back part. i flipped in the seam allowance and topstitched with a twin needle from the right side.
last but not least, attach the straps/sleeves at the back of the top. i simply topstitched from the right.