Think Huck Finn In High Heels bag, sew, sack
I love sewing and designing - I was shopping at my local fabric store and came across this amazing red cotton fabric. I just had to turn it into something great. After watching all of my favorite 1940's movie this weekend - I was inspired to use the fabric and make a modern day glamorous verson of a rucksake. Think Huckleberry Fin with high heels and lip stick!! It was very easy to make - you can make almost any size. Figure out how big you want it - cut out 2 perfect squares. Here is the pattern and the directions.
- Carla B. favorited Rucksack 14 Mar 21:38
- Momoka added Rucksack to accessories 02 Sep 21:50
- Kiyokobarbara K. favorited Rucksack 16 Jul 22:47
- WerewolfCas favorited Rucksack 29 Mar 09:16
- MissCindy favorited Rucksack 12 Nov 12:50
- marilyn.steckly favorited Rucksack 21 Apr 03:04
- ally s. favorited Rucksack 18 Mar 02:34
- rouge s. added Rucksack to Wishlist 27 Oct 00:27
- nina.eriksen.90834 added Rucksack to To-make 14 Oct 21:05
- Jordan N. added Rucksack to Bags 19 Sep 19:00
Cut 2 - one for the outside fabric and one for the lining. Use a nice heavy fabric for the outside - it will hold up much better.
Dotted lines are the darts - bring together and sew on the wrong side. Repeat for the lining.
Place right side together and sew (1/4 allowance included) around entire square leaving enough space at corner A to turn right side out.
Sew handle - right side together sew around leaving space to turn at A. Turn around press with the iron then top stitch for a nice finished edge.
Once fabric has been turned pin handle in to section A - top stitch into place. You can finish off the entire bag by sewing a nice clean line around the edge press with iron. At button holes finish with matching thread then open - this is where the handle will be pulled through to close the bag.