Neal's Yard Beauty Book
FOR DRY HAIR
Invigorating rosemary is excellent for hair and scalp health, and can treat hair loss and dandruff.
It is combined with three super oils for hair health – shea butter, one of the few ingredients that can help repair split ends; argan oil, which conditions and moisturises the hair; and coconut oil, which softens and soothes the hair and scalp.
MAKES 45ML (11⁄2FL OZ)
- Carla B. favorited Rosemary Conditioner 24 Jun 00:59
- Alex B. favorited Rosemary Conditioner 07 Aug 02:28
- Alhena W. favorited Rosemary Conditioner 08 Jul 01:26
- Fugulicious added Rosemary Conditioner to Beauty tips 21 Sep 09:35
- Rebecca M. favorited Rosemary Conditioner 12 Jun 22:31
- Wild A. favorited Rosemary Conditioner 16 Aug 18:23
- Veronica R. favorited Rosemary Conditioner 21 Jul 15:57
- RareJewel favorited Rosemary Conditioner 20 Jul 06:12
- Jeanniece M. favorited Rosemary Conditioner 18 Jul 22:51
- Mary H. favorited Rosemary Conditioner 18 Jul 13:28
Heat the butter and oils together in a bain-marie (see p133), until melted. Allow to cool for 30–40 minutes.
Using a hand-held whisk or a stick blender, whisk the oily mixture continuously, until you have the texture of double cream.
Add the essential oil and mix. Spoon the mixture into a sterilized jar and leave to cool before placing the lid on. Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps for up to 6 weeks.
HOW TO APPLY
This conditioner is very rich, so you don’t need to use much. Depending on the length of your hair, a coin-sized amount of the product should be enough for one application. Massage into the hair, paying particular attention to the scalp and ends. To use as a hair mask, wrap the hair in a warm towel and leave for 30–60 minutes, or overnight. To remove the product, rub shampoo through the hair before it comes in contact with water, then rinse out the shampoo and repeat to ensure any last traces of the oils have been removed.