Victoria The Essential Tea Companion
Inspired by Middle Eastern cooking, these pretty, delicate scones are flavored with rose water and pistachios.
Makes about 24 scones
- Emma H. added Rose Petal Scones to Steampunk Tea Party 17 Jul 15:29
- bone.muck favorited Rose Petal Scones 12 Sep 15:11
- Emma H. favorited Rose Petal Scones 26 Aug 15:46
- Julia S. favorited Rose Petal Scones 17 Aug 21:27
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited Rose Petal Scones 17 Aug 15:24
- Ana favorited Rose Petal Scones 14 Aug 13:05
- Alissa B. favorited Rose Petal Scones 12 Aug 22:38
- GMC Group published her project Rose Petal Scones 16 Jul 22:28
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly butter a baking sheet.
Sift the flour, sugar, baking power, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together into a large bowl. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in the pistachios.
In a small bowl, combine the cream, rose water, and rose petals. Add to the flour mixture and stir to form a soft dough.
Place the dough in heaping tablespoonfuls about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until scones are golden brown. Transfer the scones to a wire rack set over a jelly-roll pan.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar, jelly, and water until smooth, adding more water if needed. Drizzle the icing over the warm scones. Serve immediately.