Makes between 8 - 10 melts
These lovely little Bath treats pack plenty of romance into tiny foil cups. In this decadent recipe, each Melt is topped with a single rose bud, and scented with heavenly Rose Otto Essential Oil. Alternatively, you can substitute Rose Fragrance Oil for a more affordable version. Adding Red Jojoba Wax Beads is also optional. We created two batches, one colored with Red Jojoba Wax Beads, and one left without color. Both batches look beautiful, and create a striking presentation when arranged side by side.
- Emma H. favorited Rose Bud Bath Melts 06 Mar 22:42
- Kepi added Rose Bud Bath Melts to Girl's Night Spa Party 11 Feb 03:32
- Chachee.rayna added Rose Bud Bath Melts to Beauty 11 May 20:02
- Amara A. favorited Rose Bud Bath Melts 25 Mar 19:14
- Angel C. favorited Rose Bud Bath Melts 11 Feb 22:18
- 02jhseaby added Rose Bud Bath Melts to cosmetics 08 Jun 16:45
- 02jhseaby favorited Rose Bud Bath Melts 08 Jun 16:45
- Jessica A. favorited Rose Bud Bath Melts 15 May 01:43
- makayla.lowery.73 favorited Rose Bud Bath Melts 20 Mar 23:37
- Kat W. favorited Rose Bud Bath Melts 02 Mar 19:11
Begin by covering a baking sheet or platter with wax paper or parchment paper, then set it aside. In a double boiler, gently heat the Jojoba Esters (and optionally, the Red Jojoba Wax Beads) until fully melted. Next, add the Babassu and Coconut Oils and heat until they are fully melted as well. Add the Colloidal Oatmeal to the hot mixture. This works best if it is sifted through a fine mesh strainer or flour sifter as it is added. Stir the mixture well, then remove it from heat. Add the Passionfruit Oil, and the Essential Oil and stir well. Carefully pour the mixture into the foil cups. If you fill the cups completely you should have enough for about 8 melts, but I recommend leaving a 1/4 inch or so of space in each cup. If you do this, you should have enough for about 10 cups. Allow the Melts to cool for about 5 - 10 minutes. The Melts should thicken as they cool, leaving a firm layer on the top. The time that this will take will vary depending on your room temperature. After this layer forms, carefully place on Rose Bud in each cup. Allow the Melts to set for another hour or two before attempting to move them.
Usage & Packaging
Rose Bud Bath Melts should be used one at a time. Simply unwrap the melt and pop it into a warm bath. The Essential Oil will fill the bathroom with its wonderful aroma while the moisturizing oils begin to melt in the bath water. These Bath Melts look beautiful when packaged in small candy or gift boxes. Check out your local craft supply or baking shop for small boxes. Ribbons, stickers, and even fresh flowers can be used to enhance the presentation of your melts, especially when giving them as a romantic gift!
* Red Rose Fragrance Oil makes an affordable substitute for Rose Essential Oil.