easy tasty tacos with tomatillos!
Roasted Tomatillo and Black Bean Tacos
makes 6-10 tacos
total time: about 20 minutes
total hands on time: about 20 minutes
- Miss_Fit favorited Roasted Tomatillo And Black Bean Tacos 22 Mar 18:31
- Christina favorited Roasted Tomatillo And Black Bean Tacos 23 Nov 03:04
- PunkinsBabie added Roasted Tomatillo And Black Bean Tacos to To-make list 20 Feb 19:01
- PunkinsBabie favorited Roasted Tomatillo And Black Bean Tacos 20 Feb 15:00
- KelliDroze added Roasted Tomatillo And Black Bean Tacos to Food 20 Feb 06:21
1. Remove the husks of the tomatillos and rinse them to get all the sap off.
2. Dice tomatillos and place in a oiled broiler-safe pan. Sprinkle some sugar on top and stir around; this cuts the tartness a bit.
3. Broil tomatillos until they are charred and some of them are blackened, about 10-15 minutes. They will cook down and basically turn into a thick sauce.
4. Meanwhile, saute onions with garlic in olive oil in a pan. Once they're translucent, add black beans, cumin, salt and any other Mexican seasonings you might like. Cook until beans are heated through. When you're about to remove the beans from heat, stir in a squirt of lime juice.
5. While the tomatillos are broiling and the beans are cooking, wrap 2-3 tortillas in paper towel and microwave for about 25 seconds. Keep doing this until you have the number of tortillas you'd like.
6. Layer beans and tomatillos in tortillas (I did tomatillos then beans, but I think the opposite would be better). Top with avocado and cilantro.