Bake some simple rich cocoa fudge.
© 2019 Amy Sedaris / Grand Central Publishing · Reproduced with permission.
- Melissa Beth added Rich Cocoa Fudge to Foodening 14 Nov 11:08
- Alecia B. favorited Rich Cocoa Fudge 23 Aug 07:10
- Sarah Kim added Rich Cocoa Fudge to Kochen u. Backen 05 Aug 17:58
- Sarah Kim added Rich Cocoa Fudge to TO DO 25 Jul 17:14
- Sarah Kim favorited Rich Cocoa Fudge 25 Jul 17:14
- piefacetoldmeso favorited Rich Cocoa Fudge 07 Jun 18:00
- BlackCherry favorited Rich Cocoa Fudge 15 May 03:13
- kissedmusic favorited Rich Cocoa Fudge 11 May 03:05
- anita.nelson.2012 favorited Rich Cocoa Fudge 15 Feb 19:47
- Orla H. favorited Rich Cocoa Fudge 28 Sep 22:15
In a heavy 8-quart metal saucepan, mix together cocoa, sugar, and salt. Stir in both milks. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for about 50 to 60 minutes. Then stir in butter. Test by dropping a small amount of mixture into a cup of cold water. Test may be repeated 3 to 4 times until drop of fudge becomes a firm ball. Total cook time: about 65 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and beat at high speed until thick. (A hand mixer works best because you can feel the fudge becoming thicker as you beat.) It’s done when mixture is thick, but can still be poured into prepared pan. Beat time: about 7 to 8 minutes.
After setting and cooling (about 40 minutes), cut into bite-sized pieces. (Nuts can be added just before pouring into pan.) Courtesy of Ann Dinello.