A pretty bespoke wedding bouquet for my friend Katy xx
I wanted to make something special for my friend Katy's wedding in May and so was delighted when she liked my suggestion of making her wedding bouquet.
It wasn't a difficult project but time consuming making ribbon roses (but I just sit and make them on the bus, watching tv, anywhere really) and it got really fiddly at the end trying to get everything to sit nicely.
- Key West Witch favorited Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet 05 May 08:34
- jackie c. added Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet to Wedding 08 Feb 14:04
- Rattiemama added Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet to Home Decor 05 Oct 01:19
- Rattiemama favorited Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet 05 Oct 01:19
- susie replied to a comment on her project Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet 09 Feb 12:10
- Cat Morley favorited Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet 08 Feb 20:34
- Cat Morley commented on Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet 08 Feb 20:34
- Cat Morley added Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet to Wedding 08 Feb 20:34
- Pimke added Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet to Blumen 26 Jan 13:35
- Penny F. added Ribbon Rose Wedding Bouquet to W 12 Jan 13:41
Make lots and lots of ribbon roses in various colours. One of those situations, when you think you have enough, make a couple more. Stitch them to pipe cleaners to form 'stems'
There are plenty of ribbon rose tutorials available but I just went with a rolling and folding process that I think makes them more organic looking
I attached the buttons to gold wire and then tied them to the roses. the next step is forming a bunch with them and playing around with the shape and size and how everything sits.
I put a bit of stuffing in the middle of the bouquet in an attempt to keep everything in place.
Next cut a doughnut of cardboard and wrap with ribbon to form a base.
Wrap the pipe cleaner 'stems with ribbon, stitching and securing and then tread the ribbon wrapped cardboard doughnut on to your bouquet.