Good Things to Drink with Mr Lyan and Friends
Whenever rhubarb’s red stems start to appear at the market, I can’t help
but think about making this drink. There are a few good rhubarb cordials
available to buy now, but I’d suggest making your own. Once you taste
this cocktail you’ll happily go through the whole batch.
This is one of those fruity yet vibrant drinks that everyone seems to love.
The egg white creates a soft cloud of flavour, not too sweet or too sharp.
You won’t taste it, but its texture is paramount as it holds the taste on your
tongue. Use freshly cracked organic eggs from your buddies at the market.
You can make rhubarb ice cream with the leftover yolk, some cream/milk
and the syrup.
- Tpmike commented on Rhubarb Leaf 23 Mar 09:47
- Carlos W. favorited Rhubarb Leaf 23 Mar 09:44
- Daniel P. favorited Rhubarb Leaf 22 Mar 08:59
- Tayna F. favorited Rhubarb Leaf 18 Mar 12:00
- Kiko favorited Rhubarb Leaf 22 Feb 06:11
- Creative Publishing international published her project Rhubarb Leaf 13 Dec 09:00
To make a rhubarb syrup, slice 1 stick
of rhubarb and place in a pot with the
sugar and water. Bring to a rolling boil.
Remove from the heat, cool, then strain.
Add just under 1 shot (20ml/0.8oz) of
the syrup to a shaker along with the
gin, lemon, raspberries and egg white.
Shake first without ice, then with ice.
Double strain into the glass.
Cut a strip of rhubarb, dip in sugar, and
lay across the surface.