revamped thirft shop find
Ok I needed a new tv stand forever but haven't been able to find a style that's me. Everything is just that cheap partial board type of entertainment centers you find at all the box stores :( yuck! Or overpriced furniture store stuff. So inspired by pinterst lately & all the great furniture redo's I've been seeing there kind sealed the deal on finding an old dresser to use as my stand. Besides being super sturdy I have lots of storage. Great to stash dvd's, photo albums, kid toys ect.
I love the color! Makes me so happy! I usually only use color as a decoration or accent never as the main thing usually I paint everything black so this was a big step for me. Now I just need to stop painting everything pinkish colors lol.
I found this a a thrift for $50 it's not really a dresser but a buffet the top drawer had those slots for flatware. It's also made by Thomasville which is a great brand.
So if I was to buy a cheap partial board entertainment center I would have paid over $100 & of course if I bought a new Thomasville piece it would have been soooooo much more. Probably cost me a little over $75 for everything.
- Ashly C. added Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand to DIY The Room - Kimmy Schmidt 06 May 02:22
- Barbara M. favorited Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand 05 May 18:50
- mel M. favorited Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand 20 Mar 19:28
- Jennifer K. added Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand to To-make list 25 Nov 21:33
- WaterAngel added Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand to For the home 06 Oct 22:46
- Courtney favorited Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand 31 Aug 05:27
- Nancy S. favorited Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand 13 Jul 16:50
- Valerie R. favorited Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand 28 Jun 20:35
- Millie H. favorited Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand 28 Jun 00:03
- Grimgirl101 favorited Revamped Dresser Into A Tv Stand 16 Jun 18:26
I used latex paint on this piece but I would have used an oil kind if they made it in this color. I like the shine of oil instead of latex. I then used varnish to get some shine & protect the paint. I need to try wax or something else besides varnish in the future. Hate the smell & it takes forever to dry completely.