Fancy recycled statement pieces :)
These little beauties were found on the side of the road. Feeling a little creative (read: in desperate need of furniture) and too broke to get them professionally redone, I decided to take an adventure into re-upholstery. Not only broke, I am also the ultimate cheap skate, so I decided that I would use the tools that I already owned and for added measure, I wanted to spend a total of $60 for both.
As far as a first time upholstery project, this was divine. The original construction of the piece was very straight forward and easy to replicate. Cost wise, I was able to snatch up the fabric at $3.50 a yard on clearence, the ribbon was 40% off, and the spray paint was on sale. I owned the pliers, screwdriver, hammer, and staple gun. Come to think of it, the most expensive item was probably the fabric glue....
If anyone wants a tutorial, I can post one with pictures :)
Hypergraphia posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!