Release your inner rocker chick on a recessionista budget!
DIY that retro punky look with black dye on white jeans.
If you try them, be warned. It's gonna be hard to resist getting some hot new boots to go with them. Shopping here I come!
- mary.stuerke.7 added Retro Rocker Jeans to Refashion 24 Jan 19:51
- mary.stuerke.7 favorited Retro Rocker Jeans 24 Jan 19:50
- Bloodyhiccup favorited Retro Rocker Jeans 11 Dec 02:34
- Kepi added Retro Rocker Jeans to 80's 11 Feb 03:55
- spychohead added Retro Rocker Jeans to refashion 11 Oct 18:35
- Chrystal J. favorited Retro Rocker Jeans 21 Feb 00:42
- Elentine added Retro Rocker Jeans to Bleach and tie dye 08 Feb 01:46
- Beko favorited Retro Rocker Jeans 29 Nov 16:21
- Castiel favorited Retro Rocker Jeans 12 Jul 04:48
- Spookeriffic favorited Retro Rocker Jeans 10 Jul 03:38
Shake up your bottle of Black dye and pour into measuring cup. Add 1 cup of salt and 4 cups of very hot water, at least 140º. If your tap's not hot enough, just heat some in microwave or tea kettle.
Note: 2 boxes of powder dye = 1 bottle of liquid dye. Either will work in this application.
Add 1 gallon of additional hot water and stir. Immerse your wrapped, wet jeans and let set for 20 minutes. To help the dye penetrate, turn and push down with a spoon.
Remove from dye, remove rubber bands. Rinse in cool water until water runs clear. Wash in warm water with mild detergent, rinse and hang dry.
And there ya go!!