Based on Renaissance Skirt by Regina R.
This skirt was made from the same exact pattern (McCall's 4090) as my gray skirt, but I tweaked it a bit for a completely different look. I made both the skirt and overskirt from heavier black bridal satin, and gathered the front of the overskirt up with velvet ribbon as the pattern view B called for in kind if the classic look. But the back I decided to make into a self bustling train instead of the draped Renaissance effect, and I gathered it up and tacked it and finished the pleat by adding a wide ribbon bow and purchased black silk flower embellishment. This skirt also has wide lace (a total of about 8 yards) around the hems of both skirt and overskirt, and an ornate silver closure at the waist back that is usually covered up by a corset. Its tempting to wear a long satin Polonaise or tail coat with this, but, a short jacket really works best to show the train to best effect.
- Morbid M. favorited Renaissance Skirt 19 Jun 18:47
- Michelle L. favorited Renaissance Skirt 03 Dec 11:15
- Terri M. favorited Renaissance Skirt 08 Nov 20:27
- ulrike.engelstaub favorited Renaissance Skirt 06 Nov 20:40
- mandyjoi added Renaissance Skirt to candy skull skirt 28 Oct 03:56
- Beatrice P. favorited Renaissance Skirt 06 Feb 10:55
You Will Need
Regina R. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!