Perfect cake recipe for Summer!
Somewhere along the line, my mom started making a lemon-lime Jello cake every year for my Grams’ birthday. Eventually I took over the tradition. And every year, my Grams would make the same speech about what a light and refreshing cake it was for Summer. She was right.
Now that my Grams is no longer with us, I still like to do a little something to remember her on her birthday, so I have continued to bake her favorite cake. I know she’d get a big kick out of that.
- amyistheparty added their project Refreshing Lemon Lime Jello Cake to Backyard Picnic Summer Soiree 18 Apr 21:06
- Suzi T. favorited Refreshing Lemon Lime Jello Cake 06 Feb 12:16
- Moira A. favorited Refreshing Lemon Lime Jello Cake 26 Jan 20:57
- Rachael H. favorited Refreshing Lemon Lime Jello Cake 24 Jan 19:14
- Rachael H. added Refreshing Lemon Lime Jello Cake to Food 24 Jan 19:14
- jeannieboo83 favorited Refreshing Lemon Lime Jello Cake 23 Jan 14:42
- amyistheparty published their project Refreshing Lemon Lime Jello Cake 08 Oct 21:56
Dissolve Jello in 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Add 1 cup cold water. Stir and set aside to cool.
Bake the lemon cake in a 13×9″ pan. Cool completely before using a knife or large fork to poke holes all over the cake. I usually poke my holes in rows. It makes for a pretty design once you cut the cake. Carefully pour the Jello mixture evenly over the cake. Refrigerate while making the frosting.
Frosting: In a chilled bowl, beat together one package of Dream Whip, the box of lemon pudding, and 1 1/2 cups cold milk. Spread over cake, then refrigerate.