Britain's Best Bakery
- dotletty favorited Red Velvet Cupcakes 11 Nov 09:25
- Zombie Babe favorited Red Velvet Cupcakes 19 Sep 05:17
- Emma H. favorited Red Velvet Cupcakes 15 Sep 19:09
- Ogue A. favorited Red Velvet Cupcakes 12 Sep 06:06
- New Holland Publishers published her project Red Velvet Cupcakes 20 Jun 11:20
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to 180ÅãC/350ÅãF/Gas mark 4. Line 2 x 12-hole cupcake trays with paper cases. cake batter
In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs until the mixture is a thin creamy texture. Stir in the cocoa, colouring and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides using a spatula and beat the mixture again. Add the buttermilk and flour then beat until smooth. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar and beat well. Divide the batter between the paper cases. Bake for 22 minutes, or until risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting
To make the frosting, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and beat in the butter and mascarpone until smooth and well combined. Smooth a dollop over the surface of each, then use a palette knife to quiff the frosting. Break up one of the cakes
and sprinkle the crumbs on top of each cupcake.