Red Velvet flavor and cashews give this old fashioned candy a sexy twist. This is not your Grandma's Brittle!
Not only is this one hot mama gorgeous brittle, it tastes divine. Packaged up in clear cellophane bags and tied with red ribbon, they make a perfect gift for any occasion.
- Summer O. favorited Red Velvet Cashew Brittle 13 Jul 07:26
- Sarah W. favorited Red Velvet Cashew Brittle 26 Jan 15:00
- susan.adkins.90 favorited Red Velvet Cashew Brittle 08 Apr 02:40
- Darian D. added Red Velvet Cashew Brittle to Food 20 Mar 17:47
- Heather V. favorited Red Velvet Cashew Brittle 04 Feb 04:40
- iscrafte added Red Velvet Cashew Brittle to Om nom nom! 25 Dec 14:14
- iscrafte favorited Red Velvet Cashew Brittle 25 Dec 14:14
- Shantelle t. added Red Velvet Cashew Brittle to food!! 08 Dec 06:50
- Christine Therese-Anne favorited Red Velvet Cashew Brittle 19 Nov 03:41
- Jacqueline W. favorited Red Velvet Cashew Brittle 02 Nov 01:05
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Place water, sugar, red velvet flavoring and corn syrup in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and heat without stirring until the mixture reaches the hard crack sate (about 302 degrees F)
In the meantime, assemble all the rest of the ingredients, place near a trivet next to the baking sheet along with a heatproof spatula.
When the sugar mixture is hot enough, removed from heat and move to the trivet. Stir in all the ingredients quickly.
Pour onto the parchment paper and using the spatula, flatten out and shape into a rectangle if you like.
Let cool completely and break into pieces.