Great vegan fried goodies.
- anita.n.g added Red Rice Rissoles to Vegan/veggie munch 28 May 21:36
- Jenn favorited Red Rice Rissoles 29 Jan 15:51
- HylianWriter534 favorited Red Rice Rissoles 29 Aug 23:51
- Millie H. added Red Rice Rissoles to Food and drink 20 Mar 22:17
- KelliDroze added Red Rice Rissoles to Food 09 Mar 22:46
- mowi m. favorited Red Rice Rissoles 09 Feb 10:10
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Red Rice Rissoles 18 Jan 18:57
Finely chop onion, garlic, pepper and sun-dried tomatoes.
Heat margarine and oil in large pan. Add chopped vegetables. Fry until soft and starting to brown. Then add risotto rice and stir for 1-2 minutes.
Cover mixture with stock . Add purée and the seasoning (parsley and oregano)
Bring mixture to boil and reduce to simmer for approx 15-20 mins, covered.
Test rice to see if done- should have some 'bite' left in it.
Transfer mixture to bowl and chill in fridge until completely cooled.
(this allows mixture to thicken up)
Heat oil in fryer until a crumb starts to fry upon contact with oil.
Add the risotto balls and fry until golden brown.
They cook very quickly and do not leave unattended.