Recycled t-shirt Maxi Skirt
I have 36" legs so finding a maxi skirt that doesn't end mid calf is hard to find. So I made my own. The pattern it supper simple, I found numerous tutorials for knee length skirts but not a maxi skirt. This is my new favorite skirt. I am making more since my husband pointed out that I had worn this skirt 3 days in a row :-)
I think one of the best features of this skirt is the waist. I kept finding patterns that said just run a drawstring through the top and tie in a bow. I HATE that, mainly because if you choose to wear your skirt on the outside you always end up with a big bump where the bow is.
So after many trial and errors. here is the best I have some up with yet. Run your t-shirt string through the waist, but secure the end by sewing a cool button to hold it. The at the other end cut a few slits in it so you can put the button through it. The pictures are easier to understand then my description :-)
I hope you like it and give me some comments, good or bad :-) Since this is a new style for me I love love love to get feed back on the style.
- Denise M. favorited Recycled T Shirt Maxi Skirt 04 Jun 06:08
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Recycled T Shirt Maxi Skirt 19 Jul 05:14
- Kristen K. favorited Recycled T Shirt Maxi Skirt 25 May 18:25
- wraith.queen favorited Recycled T Shirt Maxi Skirt 14 Feb 10:05
- Recycled Miracles published her project Recycled T Shirt Maxi Skirt 04 Aug 15:10
Recycled Miracles posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!