Turn your broken mini blinds into funky jewelry
Use the slats to create bangles in any size and cover them with everything from fabric to duct tape.
- beadmommie added Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry to Jewelry Tutorials 23 Dec 00:42
- Key West Witch favorited Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry 31 May 12:04
- Nancy P. favorited Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry 25 Mar 08:09
- Kimya J. favorited Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry 07 Dec 01:57
- beadmommie favorited Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry 09 Sep 15:32
- Rachel Y. favorited Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry 08 May 19:40
- Crafterella featured Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry 18 Nov 23:00
- GiftedDiva24 added Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry to Upcyclyed & Recycled Diy Jewelry & Crafts 17 Nov 14:40
- GiftedDiva24 favorited Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry 17 Nov 14:40
- Alissa B. favorited Recycled Mini Blind Jewelry 12 Nov 20:57
Watch how I made mine here:
1. Roll the slats into bangle shapes and tape them to the size you need.
2. & 3. Measure and cut 2" wide strips of fabric cut on the exact diagonal of the fabric
4. & 5. Iron the cut 2" fabric (bias strips) as you pull it through the bias maker
6. & 7. Glue the end to the inside of a mini blind bangle and start wrapping at a diagonal
8. Using a dot of glue at the end of the strip, use clothes pins to hold in place until dry.
9. Use clothespins to hold your glued decorative buttons in place while they dry
ROPE WRAPPED VERSION
10. Knot two 1/2" wide strips of fabric together and twist one clockwise and the other counter-clockwise as you twist them together
*Sounds confusing but you'll get the hang of it!
11. Make different color combinations
12. Using E-6000, glue the end to the inside of the mini blind base and wrap the bangle gluing the end of the fabric twine to the inside and securing it with a clothespin while it dries.