A cheap and cheerful way to light up your life.
I wanted a cheap and personal lamp for my bedroom, and saw these hanging baskets in the €2 shop. First I was thinking about covering them in thin paper and glue, but then my eyes fell on an old t shirt just about to go to the charity shop. I thought it would be quick and easy to use that instead.
- Key West Witch favorited Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. 07 May 10:53
- Key West Witch added Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. to Lighting 20 Mar 22:18
- Key West Witch added Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. to DIY Home Projects 20 Mar 22:00
- Conner W. added Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. to wall ideas 12 Feb 00:00
- Conner W. favorited Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. 23 Sep 23:19
- kittybadass5 c. favorited Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. 18 Jun 22:11
- Jessica N. favorited Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. 18 Mar 18:28
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. 21 Aug 15:21
- Valerie R. favorited Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. 28 Jun 20:57
- Christinavaely favorited Recycled Lamp From T Shirt. 05 Jun 14:33
You Will Need
My light fitting looked like this with three hooks where the previous lamp had been attached. I slid the fabric ower the wire globe and used the round hole where the head goes through at the top for attaching the globe with wire to the three hooks. Depending on your light fitting you might have to come up with another solution. It is important that your bulb is positioned in the middle of the globe, far away from the fabric and that you leave the hole at the top open for heat to escape.
I added some beads and origami cranes to make the lamp look more interesting. You can use fabric strips, ribbons, lace or yarns here. Anything goes really. Just tie your decorations to the bottom wires in the globe, and make sure they are not too close to the light bulb. I use an energy saver bulb that stays quite cool, to avoid any fire hazard. Have fun if you make your own lamp and please post your version.