Don't let those plastic containers go to waste!
I like to recycle / upcycle containers whenever I can, and these canisters made a very easy project. If you have some plastic containers with screw-on lids that you'd like to do something with, why not dress them up a bit? They're perfect for storage, organization, and packaging gifts!
Start with clean, dry containers with a screw-on lid. You can use glass/metal or plastic containers.
I made two types of containers. Both are golden, but one features gold glitter, while the other features a geometric design.
- danaib1 favorited Recycled Golden Storage Canisters 18 Jan 18:56
- Sarah B. added Recycled Golden Storage Canisters to Housewares 15 Jan 03:11
- MissCindy favorited Recycled Golden Storage Canisters 14 Jan 12:39
- Magdalena G. favorited Recycled Golden Storage Canisters 13 Jan 21:08
- AshleyPahl published their project Recycled Golden Storage Canisters 05 Dec 19:30
Remove any labels from container
Inside a cardboard box, spray paint all sides of containers and lids. You may need to spray paint, let dry, and spray paint again over any spots you missed. I chose not to spray paint inside of my containers.
If you want a glitter-topped container, sprinkle your gold glitter on a lid while the paint is still wet.
After lids are dry, you can slowly remove tape from any lids you added it to.