Transform your old slippers..
My only "elegant" flip flops are too old and hurt my poor feet, but I have no money to spend in shopping.
So I decided to recycle these flip flops and create a more glamorous pair.
I want make a very comfortable slippers, so I chose the felt as the sole of the slipper (because it's very soft and easy to work) and I carefully worked the strips of fabric: inside the strips I put a strip of "adhesive fabric" and a strip of cotton fabric to make them more resistant and soft and doesn't hurt the foot.
This is my personal choice. Steps 6,7 and 8 are not obligatory :)
Notice: the "adhesive fabric" is a fabric with an adhesive side and you glue it to another fabric with hot iron. It's used by dressmakers to make more rigid and resistant the fabrics but I don't know the technical term in english, so I call it "adhesive fabric". I'm sorry!
- CraftyCat added Recycle Old Flip Flops to Crafts 29 Nov 07:41
- CraftyCat favorited Recycle Old Flip Flops 29 Nov 07:41
- Galan T. favorited Recycle Old Flip Flops 26 Sep 08:24
- Sveta favorited Recycle Old Flip Flops 14 May 09:18
- haddar1 favorited Recycle Old Flip Flops 06 Feb 17:18
- Lindsey Mae added Recycle Old Flip Flops to The Boho Look 07 Dec 19:58
- Kimya J. favorited Recycle Old Flip Flops 28 May 02:41
- Rachel B. added Recycle Old Flip Flops to DIY and Crochet Accessories 06 May 00:23
- Amber C. favorited Recycle Old Flip Flops 02 Oct 20:07
- Shelly S. added Recycle Old Flip Flops to refashion 23 Aug 03:30