A quick and easy crochet project...! <3
You will need to know how to:
- chain (ch)
- single crochet (sc)
This pattern is quick and easy. You can do this, I promise.
Choose six colors.
I used red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple yarn.
Yes, I know that is not how it works when we think of ROYGBIV... ;)
- Ravenskull favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 01 May 16:58
- tyler t. favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 15 Mar 10:31
- Niki W. favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 17 Feb 15:34
- Len favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 16 Feb 02:07
- Kathy S. favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 07 Jul 17:59
- crazycatlady added Rainbow Chain Necklace to crochet that! 10 May 07:23
- OscuraFantasia O. favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 11 Apr 08:18
- bmicheau favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 29 Mar 10:54
- Junk Junkie favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 21 Feb 10:36
- Ariane D. favorited Rainbow Chain Necklace 18 Jan 04:02
Make one chain of each color.
** Be sure to leave a little extra yarn at the beginning and end of each chain for when you tie them together.
I did my chains as follows:
Red Ch 80.
Orange Ch 90.
Yellow Ch 100.
Green Ch 110.
Blue Ch 120.
Purple Ch 130.
I should mention that, the higher the number of chains, the longer the chain it will be.
Now, you are going to tie the strands together.
** I do not recommend that you tie the ends together before tying each end's ends together. Does that makes sense? Hold the six strands together and line up the ends before you tie. Do this with each end and then, tie those ends together. O.K. You're probably really confused now...
Tie it tightly and then trim the ends to about an inch. Don't worry about these ends too much. You are going to cover them with a little strap.
Here's how to make the strap:
Ch 9. Sc in first ch and across. ( 8 sc )
Row 1: Ch 1 and turn. Sc across. ( 8 sc )
Repeat for rows 2-6.
Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.
You now have a little rectangle that will be used to cover the knotty ends. Fold it around those knotty ends and sew the long sides together to form a little tube around your necklace.
** If you choose to modify this pattern to have more strands, you will need to add rows to the strap to be sure it can fit snuggly around the extra chains.