A quick & easy way to frame pictures and prints.
Made in just 15 minutes, these DIY vintage poster frames are a cute way to create unique wall art for your home.
Please note: The supplies list below is for one frame. It assumes your print is A3 size. Please see the 'additional notes' section of this post (https://temperancerose.com/quick-easy-diy-vintage-poster-frames/) if your print is a different size.
- Libby W. favorited Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls 19 May 18:03
- ellie j. added Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls to cool stuff i can do 17 May 21:30
- Gerald Balmek added Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls to First List 17 May 16:36
- Gerald Balmek favorited Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls 17 May 16:36
- Karen D. added Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls to Decor Diy 16 May 23:26
- Karen D. favorited Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls 16 May 23:26
- Crafterella featured Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls 15 May 23:00
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls 14 May 12:55
- Moira A. favorited Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls 13 May 14:12
- Temperance Rose published her project Quick & Easy Diy Vintage Poster Scrolls 11 May 09:00
To begin, cut a piece of kraft paper that’s twice as long as your print is high (for an A3 print, this is 33"). Use something heavy (like a book) to keep both ends of the kraft paper laying flat.
Apply a strip of double-sided tape to all four sides of your print. Remove the tape’s backing paper. Stick your print to the middle of the kraft paper, as per the image.
Next, push a piece of wood/a ruler up against the bottom of the print. This works as a guide, making sure the space you leave between the bottom of the print and the bottom of the kraft paper is the same on the top and the bottom.
Add a number of strips of double-sided tape to your kraft paper. Using the piece of wood/ruler as a guide, run a strip of mounting tape just under the wood/ruler.
Remove the backing tape from the double-sided tape and the mounting tape. Place your dowel at the very bottom edge of the paper. Roll a small amount of paper around the dowel, then continue to roll the dowel up, tucking the paper as you go.
Once you reach the mounting tape, roll the dowel over the mounting tape and press down firmly. Repeat at the top.