Stained Glass Perdition from Beyond the Grave! (...does that make any sense?)
So, once again, I didn't learn my lesson from shopping at thrift stores: if you see something interesting - even if it's only vaguely interesting at the time - GET IT REGARDLESS (it'll be cheap anyway). Case and point: I've been seeing this cute, little Halloween themed candle lantern that I thought was cool, but recanted by saying that I wouldn't need it in my room. Later, I came to the conclusion that I needed a spooky mini graveyard centerpiece in my bedroom, and I knew just the centerfold for the scene. And of course, it wasn't at the Salvation Army anymore. :( But there were two other plain silver lanterns on the shelf for me.... So I had to give it my best shot. Here is how I did it.
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Purple Poe Lantern 13 Jan 00:35
- Jenee Nicole added Purple Poe Lantern to Home Decor 28 Apr 08:47
- Amalie added Purple Poe Lantern to Home 19 Feb 00:33
- Rebecca M. favorited Purple Poe Lantern 05 Jan 23:13
- chang.shai favorited Purple Poe Lantern 30 Sep 03:32
- Itohan A. favorited Purple Poe Lantern 14 Jun 05:47
- Bestial Nymph added Purple Poe Lantern to ☥ Ravenheart ☥ 07 Jun 20:01
- December XX favorited Purple Poe Lantern 15 Mar 09:15
- Susi S. added Purple Poe Lantern to The Raven 08 Jan 19:41
- Susi S. favorited Purple Poe Lantern 13 Nov 18:54
After you get your pieces cut out and lantern painted, get a brush and start painting the paper Mod Podge onto the glass panes. If you don't have Paper Mod Podge, then just dilute some regular crafting paint with some water. Carefully lay the pieces of tissue paper onto glue flat. Don't worry if the pieces overlap. That's the best part! After your done, let it dry.
After drying it again, you're done! Doesn't the eerie glow sooth your troubled soul in the dark? Wondering why I named this a poe lantern? No, it doesn't have to do with our favorite troubled dark Romantic poet. It's more of a Legend of Zelda reference (you know, the poes! Ohhhhhhhh! So you can use it for cosplay now!). But you can do whatever with it. You can make more of a stained glass appeal to it by using mixed up colors and what not. The rest is yours. ;)