I often spend holidays in New York where my brother lives, and while there, I like to share the American passion for the humble pumpkin. I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins and even pumpkin puree in coffee, so this recipe was a no-brainer for inclusion in this book. This drink is perfect to serve for Halloween and Thanksgiving celebrations.
© 2023 Hannah Miles / Ryland Peters & Small · Reproduced with permission. · Hot Chocolate by Hannah Miles, photography by Steve Painter, published by Ryland Peters & Small http://www.rylandpeters.com/hot-chocolate
- Lilly1977 added Pumpkin Latte to Food 21 Nov 14:23
- Lilly1977 favorited Pumpkin Latte 21 Nov 14:23
- Karen F. favorited Pumpkin Latte 25 Oct 13:09
- Emma H. favorited Pumpkin Latte 17 Oct 19:05
- Jessi D. added Pumpkin Latte to Tasty 15 Oct 23:15
- Ryland Peters & Small published his project Pumpkin Latte 11 Oct 06:00
Place the pumpkin purée and chopped white chocolate in a saucepan with the milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla. Simmer over low heat until the chocolate has melted, whisking all the time. For an extra smooth hot chocolate, place the mixture in a blender now and blitz for a few seconds. This is optional though, as I also enjoy the drink with the slight texture of the purée.
Return the hot chocolate to the pan if necessary, and heat again, then pour into two heatproof glasses or cups to serve. Top with cream and finish with an extra pinch of grated nutmeg. Serve immediately.