Pumpkin is in the spotlight in this cake
This cake is inspired my my grandma's version of pumpkin cake.
- ellie j. added Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting to i live to eat 03 Oct 09:00
- Rebecca M. favorited Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting 18 Jun 00:32
- Emo Chick favorited Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting 28 May 17:36
- crystal m. favorited Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting 17 Feb 06:21
- Penny F. added Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting to Baking 13 Feb 15:01
- Suzi T. favorited Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting 12 Feb 13:16
- kellypeloza published her project Pumpkin Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting 21 Jan 04:43
Preheat oven to 325°F. Stir together pumpkin, oil, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
Sift in the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until just combined.
Pour batter into a 9×13-inch baking pan sprayed with cooking spray or coated with oil.Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the center of the cake is firm and fully cooked (test with a toothpick, if necessary). Let the cake cool.
While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. Whip together the cream cheese and margarine in a stand mixer or large mixing bowl.
Add 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Add an additional 1/2 cup powdered sugar if the frosting is runny. It should be a little drippy, but not liquid.
Frost the cooled cake. Store in the refrigerator.