Special occasion Italian
- Rain_Queen added Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo to Cooking Time 02 Aug 07:11
- pink favorited Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo 10 Jun 04:35
- Lea F. favorited Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo 15 Mar 21:03
- maryam favorited Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo 04 Mar 09:42
- KelliDroze added Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo to Food 03 Mar 02:55
- shelly.anderson.547 favorited Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo 02 Mar 20:25
- FrankieStein favorited Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo 02 Mar 19:04
- Jenn favorited Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo 02 Mar 15:52
- Jennifer R. published her project Pumpkin And Spinach Rotolo 30 Jan 10:48
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
Put the pumpkin wedges, skin side down, onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, until tender. Remove from the oven, set aside until cool enough to handle. Scrape the flesh from the skin and mash the flesh with a fork until smooth. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.Set aside. Turn the oven temperature to 180 degrees C.
Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat and add the red onion. Add the thyme and a pinch of salt and saute for about 10 minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the frozen spinach, cover with a lid and allow to cook for 15 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and allow to cool.
Heat some oil in a shallow 28cm casserole pan on medium heat. Add the garlic and fry until just starting to turn golden. Pour in the passata and add about 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Lay the pasta sheets out on a work surface. Divide and spread the pumpkin puree over the pasta. Sprinkle over the cooked spinach and dot with dollops of goats cheese. Roll up the sheets and cut each roll into four pieces.. Place them side by side in the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes until hot and bubbling and golden on top.