an easy, crunchy chicken dish for a weeknight dinner!
Pretzel-Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts
adapted from Food and Wine
makes 2-3 chicken breasts
total time: 30-35 minutes
total hands-on time: 10 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Place the pretzels in a plastic ziploc bag and crush them with a heavy object; I used the bottom of a glass. I liked having some chunkier pieces of pretzel in the mix but if you want a totally uniform crust, you might want to use a blender or a food processor.
3. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, oil, honey, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well-combined.
4. Spread the crushed pretzels out on a flat surface: a plate, some tinfoil, a paper towel. Your call.
5. Dip the chicken breasts into the mustard sauce and then coat on both sides with the crushed pretzels. You'll have a little bit of mustard sauce left over...save it!
7. Slice and serve with more mustard sauce on top.