For my friend who's going to uni
It was surprisingly easy to make, but it took a bit of time.
I used a canvas-type of calico for the backing of the whole organiser to add strength and support.
(Sorry I didn't take photos of the tutorial)
- Rebecca C. favorited Pretty Wall Organiser 29 Jul 06:27
- Jen S. added Pretty Wall Organiser to Cate's room ideas 03 Mar 01:17
- Jen S. favorited Pretty Wall Organiser 02 Mar 21:07
- CraftyCat added Pretty Wall Organiser to Sewing 20 Dec 06:41
- CraftyCat favorited Pretty Wall Organiser 20 Dec 06:40
- Christine B. favorited Pretty Wall Organiser 25 Nov 09:23
- Marg A. favorited Pretty Wall Organiser 03 Nov 23:19
- Steph. published her project Pretty Wall Organiser 11 Oct 13:41
First cut out your two long rectangles of calico. Of course, the measurements depend on how big you want your wall organiser to be.
Cut out the scraps of fabric that you want to be your pockets. Add the trimmings before you hem them. Fold over the raw edges using an iron and sew the pockets onto one of the large pieces of calico.
Cut out flowers from a set of curtains (that's what I used) to add a final decoration and you're done with decorating it.
Now sew the two calico rectangles right sides together (leaving a gap at the top) and turn inside out. Fold over the top so that the dowel rod can fit through and topstitch the whole organizer.