A Giant Mural made of Post-Its
From bottom clockwise: The original picture of J.R. Tolkien (reversed), pallet grid made with Photoshop, the finished mural, and a small thumbnail to show scale. It only took us around 3 hours to complete the mural.
This was a Graphic Arts class group project, we were allowed to only use a pallet of up to 10 different post-it colors, we've used nine colors (the white was the hardest to find!) We decided on a portrait of J.R Tolkien because of the location of the window facing Mt. Pilchuck and the forests beyond the industrial city of Everett, of which nature and technology was a common theme in Tolkien's writings. That, and we all agreed that J.R. Tolkien (and his pipe) is awesome in general XD
- Tierra T. favorited Post Its Mural Of J.R. Tolkien 14 Nov 23:14
- julie c. favorited Post Its Mural Of J.R. Tolkien 20 Sep 21:00
- julie c. added Post Its Mural Of J.R. Tolkien to to do list 20 Sep 21:00
- thoughtlessdreamer favorited Post Its Mural Of J.R. Tolkien 26 Jul 16:49
- anthrmthrfckr favorited Post Its Mural Of J.R. Tolkien 11 Dec 14:44
- Ryals_Shoal entered their project Post Its Mural Of J.R. Tolkien to Fiskars Craft Contest 16 Jun 08:10
Ryals_Shoal posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!