Mimicing an ancient style book
This was a very old school project in which my topic was the evolution of Chinese writing. So I decided to make my booklet like the old ancient bamboo books from China (see attachment). Instead of using bamboo strips, I used the cheapest and simplest things I could find, Popsicle Sticks! I glued them together to form 'pages' and drilled holes on the side and bind them with rope. It's ancient style with a modern twist ;)
- popsiclebook.jpg 751 KB [ Download ]
- Missing file
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Popsicle Sticks Book 30 Jun 18:36
- AnnaMong favorited Popsicle Sticks Book 31 Aug 12:05
- angelichigo entered their project Popsicle Sticks Book to Pogo Connect 05 Jun 04:21
- piefacetoldmeso favorited Popsicle Sticks Book 08 May 22:34
- angelichigo entered their project Popsicle Sticks Book to Cricut Contest 31 Jan 04:34
- angelichigo entered their project Popsicle Sticks Book to Finish This Book 17 Nov 04:32
Glue popsicle sticks side by side to desired length. Repeat steps until you have enough 'pages' to form your book.
Drill holes on the side of all 'pages'
With a rope or yarn, insert into holes and tie knot at the back
There you have it. You can leave it as is and write on it or glue printed paper onto it like mine.