Fresh tasting, healthy salad, perfect for summer
I came up with this cold pomegranate quinoa salad over the summer. I had just discovered quinoa and was experimenting with different ways to make it. Then I got a great deal on pomegranates but had no clue what to do with all of them! I combined the two and ended up with a crisp, fresh salad that can be used as a side dish or even combined with some diced, cooked chicken for a light meal.
- Penny F. added Pomegranate Quinoa Salad to cooking 11 Oct 12:08
- Lishieesaur favorited Pomegranate Quinoa Salad 27 Sep 18:08
- Jennifer T. favorited Pomegranate Quinoa Salad 22 Jul 21:55
- KelliDroze added Pomegranate Quinoa Salad to Food 25 Jun 01:28
- Over The Apple Tree published their project Pomegranate Quinoa Salad 16 May 17:47
Prepare quinoa according to directions on package...I boil 1 1/2 cups water, then add 1 cup quinoa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer till quinoa is tender. I place cooked quinoa in a bowl and cool in fridge.
While quinoa is cooling, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Dice up the cucumber, remove pomegranate seeds from half a pomegranate, finely chop cilantro, chop scallions, peal 1 carrot and shred using a cheese grater.
Toss all ingredients together then drizzle olive oil over top, Add salt and pepper to taste, toss together. Refrigerate.