Make a placemat purse!
Turn an ordinary round placemat into a funky boho placemat purse for summer!
- Rebecca favorited Pom Pom Placemat Purse 15 May 09:02
- Key West Witch added Pom Pom Placemat Purse to Purses, Totes, Backpacks... 29 Jun 16:52
- Crystal C. favorited Pom Pom Placemat Purse 04 Mar 19:02
- The Little Craft House added Pom Pom Placemat Purse to Pom Pom Party 14 Feb 02:28
- Mark Montano published his project Pom Pom Placemat Purse 19 Jun 09:04
1. Separate the zipper and stitch 1/2 of it around 1/2 of the placemat
2. Tuck the excess toward the inside of the back and stitch down
3. Zip the other side of the zipper to the stitched half for placement
4. Match the ends so that the zipper matches
5. Starting at the end, tuck the excess and stitch the other half of the zipper to the
other half of the placemat
6. Use either a matching zipper or contrasting zipper...Up to you!
7. Wrap the pom pom maker about 75 times and then tightly tie the middle of the bundle
*I made 5 in 5 different colors for this bag
8. Clip the ends and remove from the pom pom maker
9. Trim the longer pieces to make a perfectly round ball shape
10. Wrap the tassel maker (with 5 different colors of yarn) about 15 times
and then tie a knot at the very top
11. Tie more yarn around the neck of the tassel
12. Clip the bottom and remove from the tassel maker
13. & 14. Glue the pom poms along the edge of the bag with E-6000 Fabri-Fuse and clamp
in place with clothespins while they dry
15. Tie the tassel to the zipper pull
16. Wear in style and let everyone know you made it!
Watch how to make it here!