kinda like a bead curtain but better
This is a super easy and cheap way to make some really cool looking curtains. They add a great arty/colorful look to most rooms and are similar to those bead curtains that you see for sale. To finish this it will take anywhere from 5 hours to a week (depending on how fast you work). This should cost somewhere between $20.00-$40.00.
- Key West Witch favorited Pom Pom Curtain 21 Aug 06:27
- PunkyFunk added Pom Pom Curtain to DIY the Room 22 Jun 19:52
- Angel C. favorited Pom Pom Curtain 12 Jan 00:37
- Nixie the Pixie favorited Pom Pom Curtain 14 Feb 05:23
- Goodbye Ducky added Pom Pom Curtain to stake your acres 19 Dec 17:52
- ash.pem.9 favorited Pom Pom Curtain 15 Aug 22:40
- Crystal M. favorited Pom Pom Curtain 18 Jul 12:00
- ajenne w. favorited Pom Pom Curtain 12 Jul 16:34
- Miss_Fit added Pom Pom Curtain to Atsetaera, Atsetaera, Atsetaera 30 Mar 23:59
- Coral A. favorited Pom Pom Curtain 13 Feb 05:35
Cut about 40-50 pieces of yarn into 5/6 foot pieces (or however long the doorway is)
Tie a knot at one end of the yarn
Thread the yarn onto the needle
thread pom-poms onto the yarn, leaving a 2-3 inch space in between pom-poms (you do not need to knot the yarn between poms, they will stay in place on their own)
Repeat until you reach the end of the yarn leaving a 5-6 inches on the end
Repeat step 5 until you run out of pieces of yarn
Cut or make the dowel/curtain rod the length of the closet, and place in between the two walls of the closet doorway (the tension should hold the rod in place)
Tie the top piece of the yarn (the part with the extra 5-6 inches left) around the rod.
Repeat step 8 until you run out of yarn with the pom-poms on it.
Depending on how wide you doorway is you might need to thread more poms otherwise your done!