perfect for the summer weather and festival looks
Here is a small project I have been finally been able to complete as I kind of underestimated the amount of time it actually took to complete it. Anyway, I was after a fan that was a bit more funky and more durable than the Chinese paper fans. So I took the frame from a paper advertising fan my sister gave me from LoveBox festival and used the paper as a pattern/template and pinned it to my chosen material. Here I used an old polka dot top again from my sister, but it still had plenty of wear left, and cut it out. I then laid the material right side down and then laid the fan frame out and marked out where it met with the material with pins. I then cut thin strips of double sided tape along each spoke of the frame and then attached each to the material at the points marked earlier by the pins. At the very last spokes I added a bit of super glue as these are the ones that take most of the stress and strain (I found this out the hard way). I then took a length of ribbon, I used white here, and stuck it along the top of the fan and I attached a red tassel to the bottom.
For the corsarge brooch I took a length of the material and folded it length ways right sides together sew it to form a channel. I then turned it inside out and sew the ends. Then I took a slightly thicker thread and did running stitch along the bottom and gradually pulled it along creating gathers of fabric which I then turned into a circle to create a flower which I stitched together and attached both a brooch back and a crocodile clip to the back. In the middle on the front of the corsarge I attached a button pin badge which has the motto "Get Excited and Make Things", a motto I definitely live by :-).
- Sarah W. entered her project Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch to Secret Santa 21 Dec 22:42
- Sarah W. entered her project Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch to Singer Christmas Contest 15 Nov 01:08
- Sarah W. entered her project Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch to Punchdrunk Panda 07 Sep 21:29
- Sarah W. entered her project Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch to Airportag Contest 28 May 17:29
- Nyjzell G. favorited Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch 14 Aug 21:07
- Zombie Babe favorited Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch 24 Jul 07:38
- Sarah W. entered her project Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch to Crown & Glory 22 Jul 23:35
- Sarah C. favorited Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch 22 Jul 18:23
- Eleanor favorited Polka Dot Fan And Corsarge Brooch 21 Jul 21:09
Sarah W. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!