Make your own deodorant that really works!
Mainstream deodorants are all kinds of scary. They often include ingredients like formaldehyde, which is a suspected carcinogen; pthalates, which we now know can cause damage to the liver, kidney, lungs, and reproductive system; propelyne glycol, a petroleum derivative that causes kidney and liver damage, inhibits cell growth, damages cell membrane, and leads to rashes; talc, which is linked with infertility and a suspected carcinogen when inhaled; and aluminum, which is associated with nervous system damage and respiratory problems.
However, when I decided to ditch my Dove stick, I was stuck with a major problem: most all-natural deodorants don’t work! It’s no fun worrying that you smell like BO when you’re out on the town. So, when I experimented with making my own and it actually worked, I was pleasantly surprised. This isn’t an antiperspirant. It won’t stop you from sweating. But it will stop you from stinking. And best of all? It’s made from 100% natural ingredients that you could actually eat. Do something nice for your body, and give this recipe a try!
- camilaustral favorited Poison Free Deodorant 24 Oct 21:11
- Jeff S. favorited Poison Free Deodorant 07 Sep 06:05
- autumn rose l. favorited Poison Free Deodorant 13 Aug 21:56
- Keri Plezia (aka;Miss Holley King) favorited Poison Free Deodorant 13 Jul 02:01
- Dee D. added Poison Free Deodorant to beauty 01 Feb 23:46
- Tracy G. favorited Poison Free Deodorant 29 Dec 23:27
- Joann S. added Poison Free Deodorant to health 29 Dec 04:02
- Joann S. favorited Poison Free Deodorant 29 Dec 04:02
- Donna M. favorited Poison Free Deodorant 30 Nov 17:30
- MamaMindy added Poison Free Deodorant to Toiletry Tutorials 11 Nov 20:56
Put your cocoa butter and coconut oil in a bowl. Place that bowl on top of a smaller bowl full of hot/boiling water.
Meanwhile, mix together your dry ingredients.
Once your cocoa butter and coconut oil are melted, mix in dry ingredients in batches until fully combined. Add your Vitamin E and essential oils.
Pour into a small jar and allow to set (you can speed this up by putting it in the fridge).
Voila! Scoop out a pea sized amount at a time and rub ‘er in!